Sunday, November 3, 2013

Packing and Parties

(Such a strange time...)

Many things to do, these last few days. Everything major has been taken care of, for the most part. I still don't have anywhere to actually live yet, but besides that. Mostly, my time has been spent wrapping up small loose ends, being parted with and packing.
Packing! My room is a mess. Note the sleeping cat, Dave.
For a while I was worried about packing. Even flying Cathay Pacific, I only get to bring two bags aboard, which doesn't sound like all that much. Happily, I discovered that I really don't own many things. I mean, suits, check. Jeans, check. Giant five-pound Pinyin Chinese Bible, check... and not much else! Everything else I need I'll get when I'm there, and that leaves me with quite a bit of space in my bags. So I'm bringing extra things, like board games and cheese, and gifts for the friends there too. (What? I'm told good cheese is hard to get in Taiwan. Don't look at me like that, you like cheese too.)

Besides that, I've spent quite a bit of time and energy being parted with. Just this morning we had close to 70 people over for a farewell brunch. Delicious!

My mom, Sis. Lauredeh Holloway, and easily distracted me at the brunch.
 It was a lot of fun, and I'm very grateful so many people could come. Really, thank you. It was very touching that so many people came to wish me a safe and productive trip. We had several congregation come, too- my family, from their various halls, most of Del Paso Heights (English) came, and we had a delegation from Chinese too!

Chinese!

I still have more things to do, but it seems like this is the home stretch. A few more things to pack, a few more boxes to store, a few more errands to run, and a plane to catch. Hopefully my mom will stop crying soon after. (Love you, mom!)

Next update, Taiwan! (Xià gēngxīn, Táiwān!) (下更新, 台湾!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment